Crafting Dreams, Building Realities: Our Journey, Your Inspiration.
Kaputir Resource Management Organization (KARMO) is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2014 under the NGO Coordination Board Kenya. Dedicated to empowering pastoralists, KARMO focuses on enhancing their governance advocacy skills in the realms of land, water, peace, and extractives.
What Make Us Different
Policy Advocacy Nexus
More then 345 000+
People Were Helped
- Increasing income generation and employment of pastoralists’ women and youth through irrigated and pastoralist agriculture
value chains production systems and markets, food and nutrition security.
- Enhancing the adaptive capacity of Turkana women and youth in environmental conservation, and climate change adaptation through
sustainable utilization of both irrigated and pastoralist agriculture.
- To reduce cross-border/internal conflicts and strengthen networks focusing on pastoralists’ women and youth as change agents
through conflict, transformation approaches for peaceful coexistence and mutual resource sharing.
- To enhance pastoralists’ rights and entitlements in ENRM and & extractive governance through public participation advocacy in
the realization of quality transparent and sustainable cultivation of natural resources and good leadership systems for optimal
and equitable utilization of public resources.
OUR THEMATIC AREAS
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Peace Building
- ENRM and Extractives Governance
- Rights Advocacy